Sunday, June 16, 2013

Apple Cider Potato Chips

I have a bunch of new red potatoes that I need to eat and don't know what to do with, so I went looking for potato recipes and found this one! Potato chips, wow. I haven't had potato chips in ages for two reasons: 1 they're so so bad for me and 2 they're really not that tasty when it boils down to it. But, for the sake of culinary adventures and to use up at least one of my potatoes, I thought what the heck.

I adapted this recipe, adding a splash of apple cider vinegar when I shook the potato slices in the produce bag. I sliced them as thin as I could with a knife, so these are rather thick. Three minutes didn't seem done enough but five burned them; four wasn't enough either. They need to brown but I want them to brown without burning, which is what five minutes almost did.

Sprinkle sea salt into another produce bag to coat the chips with salt. Pretty good!



Right out of the microwave (plus one with a big bubble!) and then the finished product! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment