Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Because I Don't Ever Want to Forget This...

When I spent time with my German friend in Philly, we cooked a couple times together, just with whatever he had in his fridge and pantry. The favorite for me was zucchini covered in melted brie - I mean really, who wouldn't like that? So I wanted to make a blog post about it so I remember the recipe. Ha - recipe. The inspiration! (Lies - my favorite was his romaine salad with homemade oil and vinegar dressing, which I could never duplicate... or his mother's tomato sauce with sunflower seeds... ^ ^ )

Ingredients:

Zucchini, the longer and thinner the better
Slices of brie, however much you like (the more the better!)
BUTTER

Cut the zucchini into 4-6" wedges. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Arrange the zucchini pieces flat in the frying pan. Flip when necessary until the zucchini are all soft and slightly browned. Place slices of brie over the zucchini and cover. Leave the heat on until the brie is melted and serve hot.

We ate it with slices of leftover Easter ham, salad and boiled potatoes.

Apologies that I don't have pictures!

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment