Saturday, April 13, 2013

A New Party Trick!

Perhaps you've seen Napoleon Dynamite, where Napoleon's brother Kip and Uncle Rico sell cheap Tupperware to unsuspecting Idahoians? There's a scene where Uncle Rico dares a potential customer's husband to tear the bowl in half with his bare hands. He of course can't do it, and this is supposed to prove that the Tupperware is durable, when in fact a car backing over it pops it like a soap bubble.

There are other things I always thought were pretty durable because of their shape and because of elementary physics. I never would have thought that apples were "tearable", but it turns out that they are. 

The other night my German friend skipped the knife and just ripped an apple in half; a regular, organic, not rotten apple. So I tried it too. 


The song in the background is Alle Gegen Alle by Ohrbooten, my favorite Deutsch band. =) 

Apple ripping: give it a try sometime and tell me how it goes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment