Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Damn Good Eating Day

So my poor knitting blog is lonely - I haven't been posting on there. I've been doing a lot more eating than knitting, for woman can't survive on knitting alone. Although if I tried I'd probably lose some serious weight...

Anywhoo, today was, like I said, a damn good eating day.

For breakfast I made a smoothie for the first time since I'd been living in Philly. Because I was travelling so much, I haven't had a smoothie for breakfast since April 16, and I had been having one just about every day since May of last year. I blended a banana, plain organic yogurt, almond milk, and red lettuce together. It was DELICIOUS.

Today I bought raspberries, blackberries and blueberries and I'm going to find my flax seed so tomorrow's smoothie will be even BETTER. I also had Folger's coffee out of a Barack Obama birth certificate mug, which is epic.


For lunch in between bike rides I had a Vegemite and butter sandwich on naan, which was also delicious. This morning I biked to Treme for a showing that didn't happen - when I got to the shotgun house the outer door was locked but the inner door was slightly ajar which creeped me out and there were tons of people around that were dressed like real estate agents because there's a funeral home across the street with an incoming funeral. So perhaps it wasn't meant to be. After I biked home, I ate lunch and then biked to Uptown to go shopping at a local thrift store where I bought two skorts, a pair of jeggings and a Saints jersey. (I love teaching my Spell Check new words: Treme, skorts and jeggings lol)

When I came back, Natalie wanted to go walking so I went with her. We walked through Audubon Park and behind the zoo, about two miles I think, and on the way home she decided to have Chinese at Green Tea. I was going to eat leftovers from yesterday but instead jumped at the chance to have General Tso's. She got sesame bean curd which looked so pretty I had to take a picture of it. My General Tso's with shrimp fried rice is the first picture; her sesame bean curd with vegetable lo mein and a veggie egg roll is the second. 



I have half of mine for tomorrow, which I'll heat in a pot because I don't have a microwave... still don't like that. I want a microwave. And a porch. These are things I'm adding to my "must-have" list. I'm sorry that I like microwaves but I do. I don't ever eat microwavable meals but I LOVE leftovers and just don't have the patience for them to heat in the oven for a dang half hour.

Always happy munching, especially in New Orleans!



No comments:

Post a Comment