Friday, January 24, 2014

I Made Cream Cheese!

I guess it's been too long since I made yogurt because the other day when I tried to, instead of getting a pot full of yogurt in the morning I found thick milk with a layer of very thick something at the bottom. I used the thick milk for smoothies and drained the stuff at the bottom in cheesecloth. I wasn't sure what it would turn into, but when I tasted it, I found it was cream cheese - or tasted just like it.

I don't have a picture of it when I first made it, but it looked like cream cheese in a watery liquid. I probably couldn't make it again if I wanted to, but I'm trying to get bagels so that I can really enjoy it! 

Now if I could only make bagels... in the meantime I just have matzo. The other spread is Snickerdoodle almond butter that I bought at Hollygrove Market. The only issue with it was the taste, which is why I made cookies. Read on for more, and happy munching!


No comments:

Post a Comment